6/9 – 8th Gr. Promotion Party
6/12 – Monday Schedule 1-6
6/13 – Friday Schedule 6-1 (Promotion Practice Per. 5) / MMN Per. 6
Period 6 – 7:40-9:05 (85 minutes)
Period 6 class – 7:40-8:30 (50 minutes)
MMN #6 edition – 8:30-9:05(35 minutes)
Period 5 – 9:10-10:00 (50 minutes)
Period 4 – 10:05-10:55 (50 minutes)
Lunch – 11:00-11:35 (35 minutes)
Period 3 – 11:40-12:30 (50 minutes)
Period 2 – 12:35-1:25 (50 minutes)
Period 1 – 1:30-2:20 (50 minutes)
6/14 – Min. Day Schedule 1-6
6/14 – Last Day of School – Min. Day – 12:16pm Release
6/14 – 8th Gr. Promotion 8:30-10:15am – MMS PE upper blacktop area
5/19 – Last Day to check out library books
5/25 – Last day for Library to be open
5/30 – 6/2 – Textbook Return
6/5 – Yearbook distribution begins (Returned library books, textbooks, fines paid)
6/8 – Giertych/Aides to Seaworld – 8:00-2:15pm
6/9 – Carambas/McCarthy to Lindbergh Schweitzer Track Meet – 11:30-3:15pm
• IMPORTANT REMINDER—TODAY is the DEADLINE for turning in text and library books UNLESS you have made prior arrangements with the Librarian.
• Attention Bus Riders – if you haven’t turned in your white Z-pass to your bus driver yet, please do so today! If you won’t see your bus driver, you can turn it in to Mrs. Tadeusiak in the Financial Office.
• Reminder - Ms. Chalupsky has a new supply of Dude be nice stickers! They are $1 and can be purchased in Ms. Chalupsky's room B205
• Students - Know what you owe!
1) Click on the Marshall Library link found on the Library Page of the Marshall website under the Student Tab
2) Log in using your school ID
3) Click on the MY INFO Tab.
Make sure to turn in library books and clear fines in order to receive your Yearbook. Textbooks will be turned in next week with your English class.
• Staff – Please remember to flush your drinking fountain and faucet (for one minute) in your classroom. Until our school gets tested, we will need to do this every day! After our school gets tested and passes the water test, we will then be able to stop flushing our drinking fountains and other faucets.
• Francis Parker will be offering some fun, educational summer courses for middle school students, including new courses, such as: Creative Builders STEM, An Introduction to Electrical Engineering, Bicycle Adventures, Hollywood Video Creations and Legomation Power Camp, JAVA script, as well as a summer drama production. In addition, they will be holding their 7th Annual Summer Jazz Workshop, in partnership with the House of Blues and Jazz 88.3. For more information about these programs, go to www.francisparker.org/summer or pick up a brochure in the counseling office.
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
• Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school.
• Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc…
• REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
LUNCH CLUBS – If you are going to a club, you MUST meet your teacher at the outside building door during the first 5 minutes of lunch. If the teacher is not there, you may not enter the building.
BSU – C201 – Kelley
Finding Nemo Club – B105 - Wood
Miraculous Ladybug Club – A104 - Alibhai
News Club – B205 – Chalupsky
Debate Club – C304 - Olds
Hunger Games Club – A201 - Weinheimer
Lil Sausages Club – A104 - Alibhai
Magic the Gathering Club – B304 - Karch
Sherlock Club –A206 – Schumacher
Anime Club – B106 – Moffatt
Big Bang Theory – C205 – Spaeth
CX - Circle of Friends – C102 - Diem
Charades Club- B305- Garcia
WILL MEET TOMORROW (FRIDAY) INSTEAD - Creative Writing Club – B105 - Wood
Cup of Noodles Club – A206 - Schumacher
Gardening Club – B206 – Mr. Wright
Disney Movie Club – C202 - Cena
Green Team – Art Room – Jenn Rick (McDonald)
Just People Club – B205 – Chalupsky
CX - My Little Pony Club – A205 – Martinez
Pokemon Club – A201 - Weinheimer
Star Trek Club – B306 - Finley
Creative Writing Club – B105 - Wood
Coloring Club- B205 – Chalupsky
eSports Club – Meet Mr. Hershey in front of the theater
K-pop Club – A202 – Converse-Rath
Lizza Koshy Club – B303 - Porter
Marshall’s Got Talent – Choir Rm. 101 - Schulze
Star Wars Club – A306 – Gillum
• Students – If you become ill during school, you must get a pass from your teacher to go to the Nurse’s office. Also, you must come to the Nurses office before calling a parent. DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE TO CALL YOUR PARENT, you must report to the Nurse’s office first.
• Reminder Students – When you see yellow caution tape blocking an area off, do not go through it. We don’t need wet/muddy shoes making the floors and carpets dirty.
• Students please be alert and look around when crossing any streets. It is very dangerous to be looking at your phones when you are in an intersection.
• Reminder to all students – If you hit, slap, or put your hands on another student, there will be consequences.
• When going to the Library at lunch – you must go to the lunch area FIRST before coming to the library. Go to the lunch quad FIRST, then receive PERMISSION from Ms. Heuss to come to the library.
• Every Wednesday your ASB provides music at lunch! If you have any song requests, write them down and put them in the ASB mailbox on the table in the finance office.
• Now that everyone has their ID cards, you must scan them at the cafeteria and NOT enter your PIN by hand. Students should have their ID card with them every day at school. Replacement cards will not be available until after Oct. 7th.
• Students – please check the table in the Financial Office for items that your parent may have dropped off for you, i.e. lunch, homework, etc., as they will not be delivered to your classroom.
• Domino’s Pizza (cheese and pepperoni) is sold in Lunch Ct. C for only $3.00!
• The News Club now has an advice box located in the Financial office. If you need any kind of advice, please submit your question to the box!
• Students – You must have a Nurse’s pass to come to the Health Office. Especially during passing period!!
• If you need a replacement ID card, please see our Site Tech, Mrs. Chalupsky, in the office and she will make you a new one for $5.00!
• Students - please do not flip water bottles at lunch or at any other time at school – there will be consequences!
• If you bring speakers to share music before or after school while on campus, the music must conform to our rules. No profanity, no racial slurs, nothing inappropriate. If you play inappropriate music, your speaker will be confiscated. We also accept no responsibility for loss or damage to your speaker. Admin.
• The Library is open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will give you a pass. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Reminder to students who wait after school by the condos across Pomerado Rd. You may NOT enter the condo premises at all. Please respect the neighboring properties.
• Reminder - Students are NOT to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students that walk home using the Novak Way sidewalks – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety!
• Students may NOT bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin.
• Students must adhere to our dress code on Page 11 of your planner! Shorts and skirts may NOT be above the tip of the fingertip when your arm is straight down at your side. Also, it is not permissible to wear a shirt around your waist to cover your short skirt or shorts. NO tank tops – shirts must cover the shoulders. If you have heard there is a '3 finger rule' to our shirt policy, this is inaccurate information. Shirts must cover the shoulders. You will receive consequences if you do not follow our dress code.
• Students we want to make sure that you are obeying the traffic signals at Pomerado Road. When the walk light turns red you MUST stop - do not go on and cross at this time. Also, if you ride a bike you should be walking it across the street - you need to stay inside the crosswalk and obey all signs just like pedestrians - you may ride your bike across when the light is green and the "walk" sign is on! (Admin.)