9/6 – Back to School Night – 6th Gr. parents - 5:30 Welcome in MPR
9/7 – Back to School Night – 7/8th Gr. parents – 5:30 Welcome in MPR
9/8 – Picture Day
9/26 – Parent Paid Bus Program Mtg. – Theater – 5pm
• Students, the office does not deliver forgotten items to your classroom. If you THINK your parents brought you anything, i.e. lunch, homework, please check the back table
• Students, remind your parents of Open House this week! 6th grade parents attend this Wednesday evening and 7th and 8th Gr. parents attend on Thursday evening.
• This Friday is Picture Day thru your PE class! Bring your smile and order with money
• Lego League Robotic Team: If you're interested in robotics, design, programming, or marketing, join the new MMS First Lego League team! Students on the team will be mentored by representatives from the Scripps Ranch High School robotics team and work to design, build, and program a Lego Mindstorms kit for the chance to compete in a regional competition hosted by First Inspires. No experience is needed to join, just interest in STEM. For more information pick up a flier from Mr. Finley's classroom, Room B306, and attend this week’s first informational meeting after school on Thursday. Meetings will be held on Tuesdays after school. (Finley)
• Star Trek Club: Trekkies and new fans are welcome to come watch the original series and recent movies every Thursday in room B306. Meet at the beginning of lunch on the second floor entry to the B building. (Finley)
• Golf Club: Interested golfers, please come to a very brief informational meeting at the beginning of lunch in room B306 on Friday. New and experienced golfers welcome! (Finley)
• Attention all Big Bang Theory fans - We will be meeting every Thursday at lunch in C-205 come and join us.
• Please help our fellow Americans who have been affected by Hurricane Harvey by making a donation this Friday, September 8th. The Philanthropists Club will be out at lunch collecting money to send to the American Red Cross.
• If you are interested in helping others, check out the Philanthropists Club this Wednesday at lunch in A-305. Mrs. Rick will meet you by the 2nd floor entrance to the A Building. Be there within the first 5 minutes.
• This Friday is the last day to submit a blue “Request to See Counselor” form to request to change your elective. The blue forms are located in the office!
• The deadline for turning in rosters for lunch time sports flag football is Thursday Sept. 14th. The league will start Thursday Sept. 21st. There will be a mandatory captains meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 19th.
• Mr. B will be at the C building lunch court on Thursday of this week to collect rosters, deposits and permission slips.
• The Library is now open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will let you up at 10:55am. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Wednesday - Reminder, Academic Bowl qualifying test is today & tomorrow in A-202 at lunch. Please come right away!
• Thursday - Today is the last day to take the Academic Bowl qualifying test at lunch in A-202. Please come right away!
• Wednesday - Lego League Robotics Team: There will be an information meeting tomorrow in room B306. Please see Mr. Finley for more information. (Finley)
• Thursday - Lego League Robotics Team: There will be an information meeting after school in room B306 after school today. (Finley)
• Thursday - Star Trek Club: Trekkies and new fans are welcome to come watch the original series and recent movies every Thursday, starting today, in room B306. Meet at the beginning of lunch on the second floor entry to the B building. (Finley)
Friday - Golf Club: Interested golfers, please come to a very brief informational meeting today at the beginning of lunch in room B306. New and experienced golfers welcome! Meet today at the beginning of lunch on the second floor entry to the B building. (Finley)
• Kona Ice will be here at lunch every Friday! $3 for a Small, $4 for a Regular, and $5 for a King size!
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
• Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school.
• Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc…
• REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
• Reminder to students who wait after school by the condos across Pomerado Rd. You may NOT enter the condo premises at all. Please respect the neighboring properties.
• Reminder - Students are NOT to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students that walk home using the Novak Way sidewalks – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety!
• Students may NOT bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin.
• Students must adhere to our dress code on Page 11 of your planner! Shorts and skirts may NOT be above the tip of the fingertip when your arm is straight down at your side. Also, it is not permissible to wear a shirt around your waist to cover your short skirt or shorts. NO tank tops – shirts must cover the shoulders. If you have heard there is a '3 finger rule' to our shirt policy, this is inaccurate information. Shirts must cover the shoulders. You will receive consequences if you do not follow our dress code.
• Students we want to make sure that you are obeying the traffic signals at Pomerado Road. When the walk light turns red you MUST stop - do not go on and cross at this time. Also, if you ride a bike you should be walking it across the street - you need to stay inside the crosswalk and obey all signs just like pedestrians - you may ride your bike across when the light is green and the "walk" sign is on! (Admin.)
Philanthropists Club – A305 – Mrs. Rick
Big Bang Theory – C205 – Mrs. Spaeth
Star Trek Club – B306 – Mr. Finley