Important dates: 9/14 – Fire Drill – 10:25 – Per. 4 9/26 – Parent Paid Bus Program Mtg. – Theater – 5pm
CURRENT NEWS • Students, the office does not deliver forgotten items to your classroom. If you THINK your parents brought you anything, i.e. lunch, homework, please check the back table
• The Scripps Ranch High School Music Program will be having a fundraiser at the Kebob Shop this Wednesday, September 13th from 10 am - 10 pm. Proceeds from all orders that come in with a flyer (which can be found in the office) will benefit the Music Program.
• The Drama Club will begin forming its 2017-18 performance team. If you want to join, their first meeting will be Wednesday, September 13th, in the theater after school.
• The deadline for turning in rosters for lunch time sports flag football is Thursday Sept. 14th. The league will start Thursday Sept. 21st. There will be a mandatory captains meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 19th. Mr. B will be at the C building lunch court tomorrow to collect rosters, deposits and permission slips.
• If you are interested in making a difference and keeping our community green then come join the green team! Our first meeting will be tomorrow at lunch in the art room. All are welcome!
• T - Reminder, the first green team meeting is today at lunch in the art room. Old and new members are welcome! Treats will be provided so bring your friends!
• Wednesday – Come to the FCA Club on Wednesdays in the MPR – everyone is welcome!
• Kona Ice will be here at lunch every Friday! $3 for a Small, $4 for a Regular, and $5 for a King size!
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
PARENT ANNOUNCEMENTS • Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school. • Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc… • REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
REMINDERS • The Library is open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will let you up at 10:55am. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Reminder to students who wait after school by the condos across Pomerado Rd. You may NOT enter the condo premises at all. Please respect the neighboring properties.
• Reminder - Students are NOT to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students that walk home using the Novak Way sidewalks – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety!
• Students may NOT bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin. • Students must adhere to our dress code on Page 11 of your planner! Shorts and skirts may NOT be above the tip of the fingertip when your arm is straight down at your side. Also, it is not permissible to wear a shirt around your waist to cover your short skirt or shorts. NO tank tops – shirts must cover the shoulders. If you have heard there is a '3 finger rule' to our shirt policy, this is inaccurate information. Shirts must cover the shoulders. You will receive consequences if you do not follow our dress code.
• Students we want to make sure that you are obeying the traffic signals at Pomerado Road. When the walk light turns red you MUST stop - do not go on and cross at this time. Also, if you ride a bike you should be walking it across the street - you need to stay inside the crosswalk and obey all signs just like pedestrians - you may ride your bike across when the light is green and the "walk" sign is on! (Admin.)
TUESDAYS Green Team – Art Room – McDonald After School – Lego League Robotic Team – B306 - Finley
WEDNESDAYS Philanthropists Club – A305 – Mrs. Rick FCA – MPR - Bishop
THURSDAYS Big Bang Theory – C205 – Mrs. Spaeth Star Trek Club – B306 – Mr. Finley Circle of Friends – C102 – Diem
FRIDAYS Kona Ice – starting Sept. 15 E-sports Club – meet at Theater - Hershey