Important Dates: 11/17 – Elf Jr. the Musical - Theater -6pm 11/17 – 2nd Progress Report Period Ends Marshall MUSTANG News - Friday, November 17th – Per. 3 Period 6 – 7:40-8:30 (50 minutes) Period 5 – 8:35-9:25 (50 minutes) Period 4 – 9:30-10:20 (50 minutes) Lunch – 10:25-11:00 (35 minutes) Period 3 – 11:05-12:30 (85 minutes) Period 3 – 11:05-11:55 (50 minutes) MMN – 11:55-12:30 (35 minutes) Period 2 – 12:35-1:25 (50 minutes) Period 1 – 1:30-2:20 (50 minutes) 11/20-24 – Thanksgiving Break – No School 12/1 – Distribute1st Progress Reports
CURRENT NEWS • ASB members, don't forget to come to Mr. J's class to get your officer voting sheets and submit your written responses if you are applying for a position.
• Students, there is now a Wednesday song request box in the office on the drop off table. Submit your requests by Fridays for the next Wednesday’s music at lunch!
• Brighten a San Diego child's holiday by donating a toy to the TOYS FOR TOTS program! Bring in a new, unwrapped toy to either the office or Mrs. Rick's room (A-305). The Philanthropists Club will be collecting donations from Monday, November 27th to Wednesday, December 13th.
• Students interested in playing for the 2018 Marshall Baseball team should come to an informational meeting TODAY at lunch in the MPR.
• Tonight is the last night to watch Elf the Musical, Jr. at 6:00pm in the Marshall Theater! Student tickets are only $5. It's time to get sparkle-jolly-twinkle-jingley.
• Attention 8th grade students, the yearbook staff would love to include you in our baby pictures spread this year. To submit your baby pic, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your photo and your name. Deadline for entries is January 5th. No late entries will be accepted, so make sure to send them in now!
• TOMORROW is the last day to bring in canned food for the Philanthropists club annual Food Drive! Your food donation will help a local San Diego family. Bring your food donation to your math class or the OFFICE. Last year we collected over 1500 cans - let's break that record!
• Homework Zone – Tuesdays - Mrs. Ingles - B204 or Mr. Finley - B306 Thursdays - Mrs. Fox - A103 or Mr. Wright - B206
Come right after school to either classroom to do your homework or get extra help in any class. The Late activity busses are also on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• Students – If you lost your school ID, you can now buy one for $5.00 before school, at lunch, or after school. Please see Ms. Chalupsky in the office.
• Students - If you forgot anything at home, car, or plane , please come to the office and look for your item on the “student drop-off table” by the back door because your parents may have brought it and we don’t deliver to your classroom. For example; lunch, homework, clothes, etc. Please see Miss Barbara in the front for items like money, phone, or keys…
• Kona Ice will be here at lunch every Friday! $3 for a Small, $4 for a Regular, and $5 for a King size!
• Student Reminder - you need a pass to come to the Health Office. You must check in with your teachers and get a pass, even after lunch and during a passing period.
• Students - Elevators are only for students who need assistance. If you are using the elevator for any other reason, you will have a consequence.
• Students, the office does not deliver forgotten items to your classroom. If you THINK your parents brought you anything, i.e. lunch, homework, please check the back table
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
PARENT ANNOUNCEMENTS • Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school. • Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc… • REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
REMINDERS • The Library is open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will let you up at 10:55am. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Reminder to students who wait after school by the condos across Pomerado Rd. You may NOT enter the condo premises at all. Please respect the neighboring properties.
• Reminder - Students are NOT to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students that walk home using the Novak Way sidewalks – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety!
• Students may NOT bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin. • Students must adhere to our dress code on Page 11 of your planner! Shorts and skirts may NOT be above the tip of the fingertip when your arm is straight down at your side. Also, it is not permissible to wear a shirt around your waist to cover your short skirt or shorts. NO tank tops – shirts must cover the shoulders. If you have heard there is a '3 finger rule' to our shirt policy, this is inaccurate information. Shirts must cover the shoulders. You will receive consequences if you do not follow our dress code.
• Students we want to make sure that you are obeying the traffic signals at Pomerado Road. When the walk light turns red you MUST stop - do not go on and cross at this time. Also, if you ride a bike you should be walking it across the street - you need to stay inside the crosswalk and obey all signs just like pedestrians - you may ride your bike across when the light is green and the "walk" sign is on! (Admin.)
CLUBS - If you are going to a Lunch club, you MUST meet your teacher at the outside building door during the first 5 minutes of lunch. If the teacher is not there, you may not enter the building.
TUESDAYS Anime Club – A103 - Fox BSU – C201 – Kelley Computer Programming Club – Digital Art Room - Forrest The Flash Club – A106 - Baker Studio Ghibli – A203 - Salazar Green Team – Art Room – McDonald Line Dancing with Lulay – B101 – Lulay Mustang Knitters Club – C206 - Beisel Newspaper Club – B205 - Chalupsky Poetry Club – A306 – Siegel/Alvillar After School – Lego League Robotic Team – C206 – Beisel
WEDNESDAYS Chaos Club – A106 - Baker Classical Music Appreciation Club – B106 – Weinheimer Comic Creators Club – B103 – Ms. Wright Disney Movie Club – C202 – Cena Eddsworld Club – B203 - Paulding FCA – MPR – Bishop Harry Potter Club – A205 - Martinez Lego Club – B204 - Ingles Magic the Gathering Club – B304 – Karch Philanthropists Club – A305 – Mrs. Rick After School – Drama Club – Theater - Russell
THURSDAYS Big Bang Theory – C205 – Mrs. Spaeth Circle of Friends – C102 – Diem Creative Writing Club – B105 – Hurl Gardening Club – B206 – Mr. Wright Generation Z Artist Club- 101 - Schulze House of Cards Club – B303 - Porter Just People Club – B205 - Chalupsky K-Pop Club – A205 - Martinez Liza Koshy Club – B106 - Weinheimer Origami Club – A303 - Honda Star Trek Club – B306 – Mr. Finley Spanish Tutoring – A302 – Senora Balas
FRIDAYS KONA ICE! Chess Club – B206 – Mr. Wright Chill and Spill Club – C2 - Becker Coloring Club – B205 - Chalupsky DIY (Do It Yourself) Club – C106 – Cook E-sports Club – meet at Theater – Hershey CX TODAY - Finding Nemo Club – A205 - Martinez Minecraft Club – C305 - Neidzwiecki Star Wars Club – B303 - Porter 6-7pm – Math Counts Club – Comm. Rm. - Fox