10/2 – Staff Mtg. – MPR – 2:40pm
10/2 – MMN – Per. 1
10/5 – Tour for Prospective Parents/Students – 3:00pm
10/6 – Make-up Picture Day – MPR a.m.
10/20 – Great Calif. Shakeout 10:20am
• FCA- Come join the FCA TODAY for game day! We will have prizes for the gamers with the most game!
• MMS Golf Club: Kudos to former Marshall Student and Golf Club Participant, Xander Shauffele (Shaw-full-ay), who won the PGA Tour Championship this past weekend. Xander is a 23-year-old rookie on tour, and this Sunday he defeated all of the other top 30 players in the world to win the tournament trophy and 3.5 million dollar prize money. Xander's work ethic, humility and gratitude were character traits he had while a student here at Marshall, and they were clearly evident in his post-victory interview. Yes, character does count. (Finley)
• MMO, which stands for Marshall Mustang Organization, formerly PTSA, is having a Logo contest! The Logo must represent our school and/or Mustang Mascot, but also must include “Marshall Mustang Organization” and/or “MMO”. Any drawing or digital graphic will be considered. Please submit entries by placing it in the MMO Logo envelope found in the Financial Office where you can find more information and the email (JMarchesini@san.rr.com).
• Homework Zone - Tuesdays and Thursdays - Tuesdays are with Mrs. Ingles in B204 or Mr. Finley in B306. Thursdays are with Mrs. Fox in A103 or Mr. Wright in B206. Come right after school to either classroom to do your homework or get extra help in any class. The Late activity busses are also on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• Tuesday, Oct. 3rd, the BSU Club will have 4 special speakers in C102 at lunch and then they will perform for you a Step Show at 11:00 in the C lunch court!
• Every Monday announcement: "ASB committee members. Meet in Mr. Johnston's room today at lunch."
• Kona Ice will be here at lunch every Friday! $3 for a Small, $4 for a Regular, and $5 for a King size!
• Student Reminder - you need a pass to come to the Health Office. You must check in with your teachers and get a pass, even after lunch and during a passing period.
• Students - Elevators are only for students who need assistance. If you are using the elevator for any other reason, you will have a consequence.
• Students, the office does not deliver forgotten items to your classroom. If you THINK your parents brought you anything, i.e. lunch, homework, please check the back table
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
• Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school.
• Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc…
• REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
• The Library is open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will let you up at 10:55am. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Reminder to students who wait after school by the condos across Pomerado Rd. You may NOT enter the condo premises at all. Please respect the neighboring properties.
• Reminder - Students are NOT to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students that walk home using the Novak Way sidewalks – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety!
• Students may NOT bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin.
• Students must adhere to our dress code on Page 11 of your planner! Shorts and skirts may NOT be above the tip of the fingertip when your arm is straight down at your side. Also, it is not permissible to wear a shirt around your waist to cover your short skirt or shorts. NO tank tops – shirts must cover the shoulders. If you have heard there is a '3 finger rule' to our shirt policy, this is inaccurate information. Shirts must cover the shoulders. You will receive consequences if you do not follow our dress code.
• Students we want to make sure that you are obeying the traffic signals at Pomerado Road. When the walk light turns red you MUST stop - do not go on and cross at this time. Also, if you ride a bike you should be walking it across the street - you need to stay inside the crosswalk and obey all signs just like pedestrians - you may ride your bike across when the light is green and the "walk" sign is on! (Admin.)
CLUBS - If you are going to a Lunch club, you MUST meet your teacher at the outside building door
during the first 5 minutes of lunch. If the teacher is not there, you may not enter the building.
BSU – C201 – Kelley
The Flash Club – A106 - Baker
Green Team – Art Room – McDonald
Line Dancing with Lulay – B101 – Lulay
Mustang Knitters Club – C206 - Beisel
Newspaper Club – B205 - Chalupsky
After School – Lego League Robotic Team – C206 – Finley
Classical Music Appreciation Club – B106 – Weinheimer
Comic Creators Club – B103 – Ms. Wright
Disney Movie Club – C202 – Cena
FCA – MPR – Bishop
Harry Potter Club – A205 - Martinez
Magic the Gathering Club – B304 – Karch
Philanthropists Club – A305 – Mrs. Rick
After School – Drama Club – Theater - Russell
Big Bang Theory – C205 – Mrs. Spaeth
Circle of Friends – C102 – Diem
Creative Writing Club – B105 – Hurl
Just People Club – B205 - Chalupsky
Liza Koshy Club – B106 - Weinheimer
Star Trek Club – B306 – Mr. Finley
Chess Club – B206 – Mr. Wright
Coloring Club – B205 - Chalupsky
DIY (Do It Yourself) Club – C106 – Cook
E-sports Club – meet at Theater – Hershey
Minecraft Club – C305 - Neidzwiecki
6-7pm – Math Counts Club – Comm. Rm. - Fox