3/21 - 23 – Wizard of Oz Production – 6:00pm
3/23 – MMN Per. 2
Period 6 – 7:40-8:30 (50 minutes)
Period 5 – 8:35-9:25 (50 minutes)
Period 4 – 9:30-10:20 (50 minutes)
Lunch – 10:25-11:00 (35 minutes)
Period 3 – 11:05-11:55 (50 minutes)
Period 2 – 12:00-12:50 (50 minutes)
Period 1 – 1:30-2:20 (50 minutes)
3/23 - Field Trip – Giertych to Assistive Tech. Conf. (27 students) 8am-2pm
3/26 – 3/30- SPRING BREAK – NO SCHOOL
• It is now time for team captains to start forming their Basketball teams. The roster form is now available online. The league will start April 12th. Remember that new players to Lunch Time sports need to fill out a permission slip which is also available online.
• The Race for Autism is this Saturday, March 24th @ Balboa Park! Your PE teachers are offering a FREE MILE RUN for all registered participants! If you can beat Mrs. Moffatt, Mr. Olds, and Mr. G in the race then you could win a pizza party! Sign up at raceforautism.org and join our team “Marshall Middle School.” Good luck!
• The Wizard of Oz, our spring musical, is showing through Friday this week in our Theater. Student tickets are only $5!
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
• Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school.
• Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc…
• REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
• Student Reminder - you need a pass to come to the Health Office. You must check in with your teachers and get a pass, even after lunch and during a passing period. Also, you may not text your parents to come get you, you must come to the health office first!
• Students, there is now a Wednesday song request box in the office on the drop off table. Submit your requests by Fridays for the next Wednesday’s music at lunch!
• Students—please stay on the sidewalks when walking home from school and do not take shortcuts through people’s yards. Please respect the property of others.
• Students – If you lost your school ID, you can now buy one for $5.00 before school, at lunch, or after school. Please see Ms. Chalupsky in the office.
• Students - If you forgot anything at home, car, or plane , please come to the office and look for your item on the “student drop-off table” by the back door because your parents may have brought it and we don’t deliver to your classroom. For example; lunch, homework, clothes, etc. Please see Miss Barbara in the front for items like money, phone, or keys…
• Kona Ice will be here at lunch every Friday! $3 for a Small, $4 for a Regular, and $5 for a King size!
• Students - Elevators are only for students who need assistance. If you are using the elevator for any other reason, you will have a consequence.
• The Library is open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will let you up at 10:55am. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Reminder to students who wait after school by the condos across Pomerado Rd. You may NOT enter the condo premises at all. Please respect the neighboring properties.
• Reminder - Students are NOT to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students that walk home using the Novak Way sidewalks – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety!
• Students may NOT bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin.
• Students must adhere to our dress code on Page 11 of your planner! Shorts and skirts may NOT be above the tip of the fingertip when your arm is straight down at your side. Also, it is not permissible to wear a shirt around your waist to cover your short skirt or shorts. NO tank tops – shirts must cover the shoulders. If you have heard there is a '3 finger rule' to our shirt policy, this is inaccurate information. Shirts must cover the shoulders. You will receive consequences if you do not follow our dress code.
• Students we want to make sure that you are obeying the traffic signals at Pomerado Road. When the walk light turns red you MUST stop - do not go on and cross at this time. Also, if you ride a bike you should be walking it across the street - you need to stay inside the crosswalk and obey all signs just like pedestrians - you may ride your bike across when the light is green and the "walk" sign is on! (Admin.)
CLUBS - If you are going to a Lunch club, you MUST meet your teacher at the outside building door
during the first 5 minutes of lunch. If the teacher is not there, you may not enter the building.
Anime Club – A103 - Fox
BSU – C201 – Kelley
Computer Programming Club – Digital Art Room - Forrest
The Flash Club – A106 - Baker
Studio Ghibli – A203 - Salazar
Green Team – Art Room – McDonald
Line Dancing with Lulay – B101 – Lulay
Mustang Knitters Club – C206 - Beisel
Newspaper Club – B205 - Chalupsky
Not Alone Buddies Club – B104 – Kole
Poetry Club – A306 – Siegel/Alvillar
Stranger things AV Club – C106 – Cook
Association of Doodlers (AoD) – Art Room - McDonald
HOMEWORK ZONE - Mrs. Ingles - B204 or Mr. Finley - B306
Chaos Club – A106 - Baker
Classical Music Appreciation Club – B106 – Weinheimer
Comic Creators Club – B103 – Ms. Wright
Disney Movie Club – C202 – Cena
Eddsworld Club – B203 - Paulding
FCA – MPR – Bishop
Fingerboarding Club – B301 - Kiss
Harry Potter Club – A205 - Martinez
Lego Club – B204 - Ingles
Magic the Gathering Club – B304 – Karch
Philanthropists Club – A305 – Mrs. Rick
After School – Drama Club – Theater - Russell
Big Bang Theory – C205 – Mrs. Spaeth
Circle of Friends – C102 – Diem
Creative Writing Club – B105 – Hurl
Gardening Club – B206 – Mr. Wright
House of Cards Club – B303 - Porter
Just People Club – B205 - Chalupsky
K-Pop Club – A205 - Martinez
Liza Koshy Club – B106 - Weinheimer
Star Trek Club – B306 – Mr. Finley
Video Production Club – meet at Theater - Hershey
Spanish Tutoring – A302 – Senora Balas
HOMEWORK ZONE - Mrs. Fox - A103 or Mr. Wright - B206
A.J.A.Y.T.P. – B106 – Dr. Weinheimer
Chess Club – B206 – Mr. Wright
Coloring Club – B205 - Chalupsky
DIY (Do It Yourself) Club – C106 – Cook
E-sports Club – meet at Theater – Hershey
Finding Nemo Club – A205 - Martinez
Minecraft Club (no announcement) – C305 - Neidzwiecki
Star Wars Club – B303 - Porter
6-7pm – Math Counts Club – Comm. Rm. - Fox