5/9 – NATIONAL SCHOOL NURSE DAY
5/8-10 – NGSS Testing (Sci. 8th)
5/11 – MMN Per. 4:
Period 6 – 7:40-8:30 (50 minutes)
Period 5 – 8:35-9:25 (50 minutes)
Period 4 – 9:30-10:55 (85 minutes)
Period 4 – 9:30-10:20 (50 minutes)
MMN – 10:20-10:55 (35 minutes)
Lunch – 11:00-11:35 (35 minutes)
Period 3 – 11:40-12:30 (50 minutes)
Period 2 – 12:35-1:25 (50 minutes)
Period 1 – 1:30-2:20 (50 minutes)
5/11 – Field Trip to Poway Arts Center – Ingles – 9:40am-1pm
5/14 – Viewing of documentary “Screenagers” – MPR – 6pm
5/15 – Library closed at 1pm
5/16-17 – MMS Choir Concert – Theater 6pm
5/22 – SafetyNet Presentation for Parents – Theater 6pm
5/22 – Field Trip to SD Art Museum – Balboa Park – McDonald – 9a-2p
5/22 – Field Trip to Disneyland – 7am-9:30p - Berthiaume
5/23-24 – Field Trip to USD – Fox – 8:30am-4:30pm
5/24 – OPEN HOUSE 3pm-5pm
5/25 – MINIMUM DAY – 12:16pm Release
5/28 – Memorial Day – No School
5/31 – Field Trip to Pt. Loma Nazarene – Carambas - 11:30-4pm
5/31 – Field Trip to Balboa Park – Forrest – 8am-2pm
6/1 – Field Trip to Torrey Pines/Del Mar Beach – McDonald – 8am-1:30pm
6/4 – Yearbook Distribution – MPR – Per. 1,2,3
6/7 – Field Trip to SD County Fair – Ingles - 9am-2pm
6/7 – Field Trip to Sea World – Giertych – 8am-2pm
6/8 – 8th Gr. Promotion Party at SDSU Aztec Ctr. 4pm-9pm
6/13 – 8th Gr. Promotion – 8:30am-10:15am – Upper Blacktop
6/13 – Last Day of School – 12:16pm Dismissal
Report Cards U.S. mailed by SDUSD
• Teachers – We have no nurse until 9:30am this morning – emergencies only to the Health Office please!
• The MMS Wellness Center opens today at lunch! Please bring your lunch and come on over to chill. The Wellness Center is a place where students can relax and refresh your brain during lunch Monday through Thursday. We hope you will utilize the mindful space. See you there!
• Francis Parker will be offering some fun, educational summer courses for middle school students, including new courses, such as: In The Kitchen: From Sous Chef to Master Chef, Middle School Summer Mandarin, Mindful Sports and Leadership, Comedy, Improv and Filmmaking, The Escape Magician Experience, Brain Blast: Physics, and Introduction to Computer Programming, as well as many other courses to choose from. In addition, they will be holding their 8th Annual Summer Jazz Workshop, in partnership with the Music Box and Jazz 88.3. For more information about these programs, go to www.francisparker.org/summer or pick up a brochure in the counseling office.
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
• Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school.
• Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc…
• REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
• Students are not permitted to cut through the office to get to the parking lot or bus area after school. Any student doing so will be assigned a detention.
• Students are no longer allowed to sit on the wall in the A lunch court. Students have been running up the slope behind the wall and damaging the landscaping. The wall is now off limits for the duration of lunch.
• Student Reminder - you need a pass to come to the Health Office. You must check in with your teachers and get a pass, even after lunch and during a passing period. Also, you may not text your parents to come get you, you must come to the health office first!
• Students, there is now a Wednesday song request box in the office on the drop off table. Submit your requests by Fridays for the next Wednesday’s music at lunch!
• Students—please stay on the sidewalks when walking home from school and do not take shortcuts through people’s yards. Please respect the property of others.
• Students – If you lost your school ID, you can now buy one for $5.00 before school, at lunch, or after school. Please see Ms. Chalupsky in the office.
• Students - If you forgot anything at home, car, or plane , please come to the office and look for your item on the “student drop-off table” by the back door because your parents may have brought it and we don’t deliver to your classroom. For example; lunch, homework, clothes, etc. Please see Miss Barbara in the front for items like money, phone, or keys…
• Students - Elevators are only for students who need assistance. If you are using the elevator for any other reason, you will have a consequence.
• The Library is open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will let you up at 10:55am. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Reminder to students who wait after school by the condos across Pomerado Rd. You may NOT enter the condo premises at all. Please respect the neighboring properties.
• Reminder - Students are NOT to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students that walk home using the Novak Way sidewalks – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety!
• Students may NOT bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin.
• Students must adhere to our dress code on Page 11 of your planner! Shorts and skirts may NOT be above the tip of the fingertip when your arm is straight down at your side. Also, it is not permissible to wear a shirt around your waist to cover your short skirt or shorts. NO tank tops – shirts must cover the shoulders. If you have heard there is a '3 finger rule' to our shirt policy, this is inaccurate information. Shirts must cover the shoulders. You will receive consequences if you do not follow our dress code.
• Students we want to make sure that you are obeying the traffic signals at Pomerado Road. When the walk light turns red you MUST stop - do not go on and cross at this time. Also, if you ride a bike you should be walking it across the street - you need to stay inside the crosswalk and obey all signs just like pedestrians - you may ride your bike across when the light is green and the "walk" sign is on! (Admin.)
CLUBS - If you are going to a Lunch club, you MUST meet your teacher at the outside building door
during the first 5 minutes of lunch. If the teacher is not there, you may not enter the building.
M-TH – B2 - MMS Wellness Center
Anime Club – A103 - Fox
BSU – C201 – Kelley
The Flash Club – A106 - Baker
Studio Ghibli – A203 - Salazar
Green Team – Art Room – McDonald
Line Dancing with Lulay – B101 – Lulay
Mustang Knitters Club – C206 - Beisel
Newspaper Club – B205 - Chalupsky
Not Alone Buddies Club – B104 – Kole
Poetry Club – A306 – Siegel/Alvillar
Association of Doodlers (AoD) – Art Room – McDonald
Battle Royal Gaming Club – C304 - Downer
HOMEWORK ZONE - Mrs. Ingles - B204 or Mr. Finley - B306
Chaos Club – A106 - Baker
Classical Music Appreciation Club – B106 – Weinheimer
Comic Creators Club – B103 – Ms. Wright
Disney Movie Club – C202 – Cena
Eddsworld Club – B203 - Paulding
FCA – MPR – Bishop
Fingerboarding Club – B301 - Kiss
Harry Potter Club – A205 - Martinez
Lego Club – B204 - Ingles
Magic the Gathering Club – B304 – Karch
Philanthropists Club – A305 – Mrs. Rick
Stranger Things AV Club – C106 - Cook
After School – Drama Club – Theater – Russell – CX 5/16 AND 5/23
CX TODAY - Big Bang Theory – C205 – Mrs. Spaeth
Circle of Friends – C102 – Diem
Creative Writing Club – B105 – Hurl
Gardening Club – B206 – Mr. Wright
House of Cards Club – B303 – Porter
Just People Club – B205 – Chalupsky
K-Pop Club – A205 - Martinez
Liza Koshy Club – B106 - Weinheimer
Star Trek Club – B306 – Mr. Finley
Video Production Club – meet at Theater - Hershey
HOMEWORK ZONE - Mrs. Fox - A103 or Mr. Wright - B206
ASB will be selling the delicious fruit bars every Friday
A.J.A.Y.T.P. – B106 – Dr. Weinheimer
Chess Club – B206 – Mr. Wright
Coloring Club – B102 - Parr
DIY (Do It Yourself) Club – C106 – Cook
E-sports Club – meet at Theater – Hershey
Finding Nemo Club – A205 - Martinez
Minecraft Club (no announcement) – C305 - Neidzwiecki
Star Wars Club – B303 - Porter
6-7pm – Math Counts Club – Comm. Rm. - Fox