MARSHALL MIDDLE SCHOOL MUSTANGS THURSDAY – Sept. 6, 2018
Important dates: Supervision –B Week 9/6 – Back-To-School Night – Gr. 7/8 – 5:30-7:30pm 9/7 – Picture Day – MPR thru PE classes 9/26 – Field Trip to Del Mar Fair Grounds - Johnston
CURRENT NEWS • Marshall students keep up the good work and help our school with our Cookie Dough and Magazine Fundraiser. Remember, the more you sell, the more prizes you get. Don't forget to turn in your orders during lunch in the B lunch court for a chance to spin the prize wheel.
• Drama Club will have our first meeting TODAY at lunch in B202. Hope to see you there! • Do you enjoy academic competition? Can you think fast? If so, you may like to try out for the Marshall Middle Academic Bowl team! The last qualifying test will be given TODAY at lunch in room A-202. Please bring your lunch and get to the room as soon as possible. This is open to all grade levels!
• Attention Students! If you would like to change your elective, please complete a blue “Request to See Counselor” form and indicate on the form the new elective you would like. Your counselor will call you in to discuss whether the elective change is possible. Schedule changes will be made for electives ONLY, there will be no teacher or other class changes. The final day to change your elective is this Friday, Sept. 7th. There will be absolutely no elective changes after this date for the remainder of the school year.
• Reminder bus students – we will announce when we receive your bus pass. Meanwhile, you will be able to ride the bus.
• Refreshments will be sold after school by the Tech Club today outside the front of the theater for as little as $1. See you there!
• Lunch Time Sports Flag Football will be starting Sept. 20th. All the information is on the Marshall website in the student menu under LT Sports. The forms can be downloaded from there. Information and forms will also be available at the C Building lunch court today at lunch.
• The Library will open at lunch today! It will be open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will let you up at 10:55am. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
PARENT ANNOUNCEMENTS • Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school. • Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc… • REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
REMINDERS • Reminder to students who wait after school by the condos across Pomerado Rd. You may NOT enter the condo premises at all. Please respect the neighboring properties.
• Reminder - Students are NOT to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students that walk home using the Novak Way sidewalks – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety!
• Students may NOT bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin. • Students must adhere to our dress code on Page 11 of your planner! Shorts and skirts may NOT be above the tip of the fingertip when your arm is straight down at your side. Also, it is not permissible to wear a shirt around your waist to cover your short skirt or shorts. NO tank tops – shirts must cover the shoulders. If you have heard there is a '3 finger rule' to our shirt policy, this is inaccurate information. Shirts must cover the shoulders. You will receive consequences if you do not follow our dress code.
• Students we want to make sure that you are obeying the traffic signals at Pomerado Road. When the walk light turns red you MUST stop - do not go on and cross at this time. Also, if you ride a bike you should be walking it across the street - you need to stay inside the crosswalk and obey all signs just like pedestrians - you may ride your bike across when the light is green and the "walk" sign is on! (Admin.)
LUNCH CLUBS – meet at the building doors the first 5 minutes of lunch
WEDNESDAYS FCA – MPR – Bishop Philanthropists Club – A305 – Mrs. Rick THURSDAYS House of Cards Club – B303 - Porter