Supervision – A Week
9/26 – Field Trip to Del Mar Fair Grounds - Johnston
• Students – If you had your picture taken last Friday but didn’t get your ID card for whatever reason, come by Ms. Cindy’s desk, I have a stack of them!
• Rubik’s Cube Club: Students interested in learning how to solve or improve their Rubik’s Cube solving times, are welcome to come to our weekly meetings on Wednesdays at lunch in Room B306. If the interest is there, then we may also enter into competitions throughout the year. Meet Mr. Finley at the beginning of lunch TODAY, on the middle level of the B-Building, parking lot side. (Finley)
• Lunch time sports signups continue this week. The deadline for submitting a team is this Thursday. Right now there are no 6th grade teams signed up. Mr. B. will be at the C building lunch court by the yellow cart tomorrow. Remember, the deadline for submitting a team is tomorrow. League play starts Sept. 20th
• Marshall students, We had our first $100 winner at the prize wheel. That's right, Ella Humphrey won $100 at lunch after turning in her cookie dough and magazine orders. Imagine what you could do with $100 cash. And remember, this week is the last week to turn in orders to the mustang market in the B lunch court. The more you sell the more you win! Keep up the good work and help our school with our Cookie Dough and Magazine Fundraiser. You are awesome!
• Attention Big Bang Theory fans - the first meeting of the Big Bang Theory club will be tomorrow in room C-205 join us for a great time.
• Students as you walk home please do not walk on private property. Please stay on the sidewalks and respect our neighbors’ property.
• Thank you to everyone who took the Academic Bowl qualifying test last week. The results of the 2018-19 Academic Bowl team are posted outside of room A-202. There will be a meeting this evening. Check with Ms. Converse-Rath for details.
• FCA- The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is looking for a "Few Good Leaders". If you are interested in being a part of a team to help plan future FCA events please come to the MPR today at lunch. Coach Bishop
• Drama club is going to meet at lunch this Friday, the 14th. We are trying to decide on which day is better to meet. Feel free to come to both, or pick the one that works best for you. Sincerely, Mr. Russell
• Come join us at Circle of Friends on Thursdays in room C105! A great place to play games, hang out with old friends and make new friends!
• Refreshments will be sold after school by the Tech Club today outside the front of the theater for as little as $1. See you there!
• The Library will open at lunch today! It will be open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will let you up at 10:55am. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
• Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school.
• Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc…
• REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
• Reminder to students who wait after school by the condos across Pomerado Rd. You may NOT enter the condo premises at all. Please respect the neighboring properties.
• Reminder - Students are NOT to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students that walk home using the Novak Way sidewalks – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety!
• Students may NOT bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin.
• Students must adhere to our dress code on Page 11 of your planner! Shorts and skirts may NOT be above the tip of the fingertip when your arm is straight down at your side. Also, it is not permissible to wear a shirt around your waist to cover your short skirt or shorts. NO tank tops – shirts must cover the shoulders. If you have heard there is a '3 finger rule' to our shirt policy, this is inaccurate information. Shirts must cover the shoulders. You will receive consequences if you do not follow our dress code.
• Students we want to make sure that you are obeying the traffic signals at Pomerado Road. When the walk light turns red you MUST stop - do not go on and cross at this time. Also, if you ride a bike you should be walking it across the street - you need to stay inside the crosswalk and obey all signs just like pedestrians - you may ride your bike across when the light is green and the "walk" sign is on! (Admin.)
LUNCH CLUBS – meet at the building doors the first 5 minutes of lunch
FCA – MPR – Bishop
Philanthropists Club – A305 – Mrs. Rick
Rubik’s Cube Club – B306 - Finley
Big Bang Theory – C205 – Spaeth
House of Cards Club – B303 – Porter
Circle of Friends – C2 – Diem
Star Trek – B306 – Finley
Golf Club – Ev. Other Friday – B306 - Finley