Supervision – A Week
9/26 – Field Trip to Del Mar Fair Grounds - Johnston
• Students! We will beginning our 1st semester Student Support Groups in a couple of weeks. Joining a group is a great way to meet new friends, get help dealing with typical middle school issues, and have a safe place to talk about your feelings. The groups are led by counselors from the Alliant Couples and Family Clinic, who will be here TOMORROW during lunch to pass out permission forms for the groups and answer any of your questions. Stop by and say hello at the table at the end of the paseo! You can also pick up a permission form in the counseling office.
• Need a little “brain break” during your day? A place to relax, chill out and be mindful? The MMS Wellness Center is the place for you! The Wellness Center, located in Rm. B-2, will be opening on Monday, Sept. 17th, and will be open during lunch every Mon, Tues, Wed and Thursday each week to the first 20 students who arrive. So, grab your lunch and come check it out!
• Lunch time sports signups continue this week. Mr. B. will be at the C building lunch court by the yellow cart TODAY. Remember, the deadline for submitting a team is TODAY. League play starts Sept. 20th
• This is the last week to turn in Cookie Dough and Magazine orders to the mustang market in the B lunch court. The more you sell the more you win! Keep up the good work and help our school with this fundraiser, you are awesome!
• Drama club is going to meet at lunch tomorrow, Friday, the 14th. We are trying to decide on which day is best to meet. Mr. Russell
• Come join us at Circle of Friends on Thursdays in room C105! A great place to play games, hang out with old friends and make new friends!
• Refreshments will be sold after school by the Tech Club today outside the front of the theater for as little as $1. See you there!
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
• Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school.
• Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc…
• REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
• The Library is open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will let you up at 10:55am. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Students as you walk home please do not walk on private property. Please stay on the sidewalks and respect our neighbors’ property.
• Reminder to students who wait after school by the condos across Pomerado Rd. You may NOT enter the condo premises at all. Please respect the neighboring properties.
• Reminder - Students are NOT to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students that walk home using the Novak Way sidewalks – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety!
• Students may NOT bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin.
• Students must adhere to our dress code on Page 11 of your planner! Shorts and skirts may NOT be above the tip of the fingertip when your arm is straight down at your side. Also, it is not permissible to wear a shirt around your waist to cover your short skirt or shorts. NO tank tops – shirts must cover the shoulders. If you have heard there is a '3 finger rule' to our shirt policy, this is inaccurate information. Shirts must cover the shoulders. You will receive consequences if you do not follow our dress code.
• Students we want to make sure that you are obeying the traffic signals at Pomerado Road. When the walk light turns red you MUST stop - do not go on and cross at this time. Also, if you ride a bike you should be walking it across the street - you need to stay inside the crosswalk and obey all signs just like pedestrians - you may ride your bike across when the light is green and the "walk" sign is on! (Admin.)
LUNCH CLUBS – meet at the building doors the first 5 minutes of lunch
FCA – MPR – Bishop
Philanthropists Club – A305 – Mrs. Rick
Rubik’s Cube Club – B306 - Finley
Comic Creators – B103 – A. Wright
Big Bang Theory – C205 – Spaeth
House of Cards Club – B303 – Porter
Circle of Friends – C2 – Diem
Star Trek – B306 – Finley
Gardening Club – B206 (starting 9/20) – Ingles/T. Wright
Golf Club – Ev. Other Friday – B306 - Finley