Supervision – A Week
FEDERAL SURVEY CARDS DUE TO BARBARA (IF 100%!)
10/24-26 – Red Ribbon Week
10/31 – Halloween Dress-Up Day/Lunch Parade
• Attention 8th Graders: If you are interested in becoming a member of CJSF, please fill out and return the CJSF application form to the office. Deadline for all applications will be this coming Monday, October 29th. Please refer to Mr. Baylon if you have any questions.
• Students – Please check the Lost and Found under the Library stairs, as it will be donated this Friday! Also, check the back table in the Financial office as we plan to clear this table by Friday!
• Any student that needs a replacement student ID, please come into the office and ask for Miss Stark. Replacement cost is $5.00 cash.
• Students, the last Scripps Ranch HS home football game is this Friday at 6:30pm against Kearny! Marshall 8th graders will get in for free with their Marshall ID card. Come out and get a taste of what to expect as a Freshman at SRHS, wear blue!
• Attention runners there is a Middle School Mile race at UC High this Saturday, the 27th. It is the kick off to the high school cross country meet and it's FREE! Show up with a parent who will need to sign a waiver. For more information talk with Mrs. Carter or Mrs. Carambas.
• This week is Red Ribbon Week! Show your support of keeping our community drug-free by wearing RED any day this week! Any students who wear a majority of RED (like a shirt or pants) can receive a ticket from a lunch supervisor to exchange for a treat at the Mustang Market. Today’s Red Ribbon Week Fact: Teens who smoke marijuana regularly have, on average, one grade point lower than their peers. These teens lose up to 8 IQ points between childhood and adulthood. Be SMART, don’t start!
• Friday - Red Ribbon Week Fact: Drugs such as marijuana, nicotine and alcohol have a more devastating impact on a teen’s brain than on the brain of an adult, because the prefrontal cortex doesn't finish developing until around age 25. Use your brain, don’t use drugs!
• Halloween dress-up day is on Oct. 31st and there will be a costume parade at lunch! Reminder - fake weapons are not allowed and your costume is not a culture.
• Students that walk home using the Novak Way sidewalks – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety! Also, please do not walk on private property. Please stay on the sidewalks and respect our neighbors’ property and obey all traffic signals - walk safe!
• Keep those lunch courts clean in order to keep lunchtime music! Be awesome for our school and for our custodians!
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
• Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school.
• Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc…
• REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
• The Library is open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will let you up at 10:55am. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Reminder - Students are not to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students may not bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin.
LUNCH CLUBS – meet at the building doors the first 5 minutes of lunch
WELLNESS CENTER – B2 – MONDAY thru THURSDAY – open to the first 20 students – bring your lunch!
BTS Club – 1st and 3rd Monday of the month – B203 - Paulding
Drama Club – Theater – Mr. Russell
Finding Nemo Club - B205 - Chalupsky
Black Student Union - C201 - Kelley
The Flash Club - A306 – Baker
SAGA Club – B104 - Kole (Sexuality and Gender Awareness)
Pokeman Explorers Club– A206 – Schumacher
Marshall TEDx Club – A202 – Converse-Rath
Voice Acting Club – B302 – McDaniel
Digital Art and Photography Club – 203 – Forrest
Warrior Cats Club – A204 - Hagstrom
HOMEWORK ZONE – AFTER SCHOOL 2:25-3:25pm – B204 – Mrs. Ingles
FCA – MPR – Bishop
Philanthropists Club – A305 – Mrs. Rick
Comic Creators – B103 – A. Wright
Harry Potter Club - A205 - Martinez
Magnificent Marvel Club - B106 - Weinheimer
The Original Lizza Koshy Club - B205 - Chalupsky
Magic the Gathering Club - B304 - Karch
Marshall Middle Cubing Foundation – B306 – Finley
The Scratch Club – B204 - Ingles
Stranger Things AV Club – C106 – Cook
Marshall Running Club – Track – Carambas/Carter
We Dine Together – B303 - Porter
The Robotics Club – AFTER SCHOOL – C206 – Beisel
Big Bang Theory – C205 – Spaeth
House of Cards Club – B303 – Porter
Circle of Friends – C105 - Diem
Star Trek Club – B306 – Finley
Gardening Club – B204 – Ingles/T. Wright
Creative Writing Club - B105 - Hurl
The Story Club - B104 – Kole
Just People Club – B205 – Chalupsky
Chill Zone Club – C204 – Thalman/Gordon
The Pokemon GO Club – B101 - Lavine
HOMEWORK ZONE – AFTER SCHOOL 2:25-3:25pm – B206 – Mr. Wright
Esports Club – 206 – Video Rm. - Hershey
Star Wars Club - B303 - Porter
Minecraft Club - C305 – Niedzwiecki
Marshall Running Club – Track – Carambas/Carter
Roblox Club – C206 - Beisel
Golf Club – AFTER SCHOOL every other Friday – B306 - Finley