5/16 – Principal Coffee – 9am – MPR
5/20, 21, 22 – Tues/Wed/Thurs Block Schedule
5/22 – Open House – 3-5pm
5/22 – Field Trip to Disneyland – Berthiaume – 7a-10p
5/23 – Minimum Day – 12:16 Dismissal
5/24 – NO SCHOOL
5/27 – Memorial Day – NO SCHOOL
5/29 – Band Concert – 7pm – Theater
5/29-30 – Field Trip to USD – 9-4:30pm – Fox
5/30 – Field Trip to Miramar College – Counselors – 12:15-2:15 - cars
5/30 – Orchestra Concert – 7pm – Theater
5/30 – Field Trip to Chelsea King Invitational – P5-4:30pm - Carambas
5/31 – Field Trip to Sea World – 8:30-2pm – Giertych/Thalman/Gordon
• Today and tomorrow, the cafeteria kiosks will not be accepting any bills larger than $5.00. Also, please do not come to the office to break ANY bills, as we do NOT have cash.
• Congratulations to the Marshall Academic Bowl team who competed at the national competition this past weekend. The team of Kevin Zhao, Michael He, Lawrence Lo, and Grant Theile finished 21st out of 176 teams! They also placed higher than any other team from San Diego! Way to go, Mustangos!
• Ms. Converse-Rath's classes are still trying to make a difference in the world. Students are collecting new toys, new or gently used books or healthy foods for a number of charities. Any help will be appreciated!
• 7th graders…If you would like one of the journals mentioned in Kaiser’s “Someone Like Me” presentation from last week, you may come by the Counseling Office before or after school, or during lunch, to pick one up. The journals include a list of important resources to find help for you or a friend in need. Journaling is a great way to relieve anxiety, improve your mental clarity, and help cope with stressful situations.
• 8th Graders - There are no “physical” tickets for the 8th grade promotion party. The student’s name will be on the check-in list if they purchased a ticket.
• 8th graders: Are you interested in joining the Scripps Ranch High School Colorguard? The colorguard is a group of athletic artists who perform choreographed routines to enhance and interpret the music of the marching band show utilizing flags, rifles, sabers, and dance. Come to the training sessions for more information and to learn some new skills. One more training session this Friday in the MPR from 2:30-4:30pm (5/17). Wear comfortable clothing and bring water. No experience is necessary, all are welcome!
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
• Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school.
• Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc…
• REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
• Students are not allowed to sell candy or other food items at school. Doing so will result in an after-school detention and confiscation of the product being sold.
• Remember that cell phones need to be turned off and put away during school hours unless they are being used during class with a teacher’s permission. The same rule applies to earbuds and headphones.
• Students need a pass to come into the Health Office, including during passing period. A pass is also needed during lunch, so please talk to someone on supervision.
The drop-off table in the office is NOT a storage table. Anything without a name on it will be placed in the Lost and Found under the Library stairs, which eventually gets donated. So please, pick up any left items from the table in the financial office before it gets donated. Also, check in the front office if you have lost a valuable item such as a wallet, keys, or phone! Thank you!
• Students – if you walk home, please obey the traffic signals in order to be safe. Please do not walk when the traffic lights are red.
• Any student that needs a replacement student ID, please come into the office and ask for Miss Stark. Replacement cost is $5.00 cash.
• Students that walk home using the Novak Way sidewalks – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety! Also, please do not walk on private property. Please stay on the sidewalks and respect our neighbors’ property and obey all traffic signals - walk safe!
• Keep those lunch courts clean in order to keep lunchtime music! Be awesome for our school and for our custodians!
• Playing tag during lunch is no longer permitted due to safety concerns. Students caught playing tag will receive an after school detention.
• The Library is open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will let you up at 10:55am. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Students are not to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students may not bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin.
LUNCH CLUBS – meet at the building doors the first 5 minutes of lunch
WELLNESS CENTER – B2 – MONDAY thru THURSDAY – open to the first 20 students – bring your lunch!
NEW CLUB – We Care About the Environment (WCAE) – B103 – A. Wright
Riverdale Club – A203 - Salazar
You Know Uno Club – B203 – Mrs. Pelton
Drama Club – Theater – Mr. Russell
Finding Nemo Club - B205 - Chalupsky
Black Student Union - C201 - Kelley
The Flash Club - A306 – Baker
SAGA Club – B104 - Kole (Sexuality and Gender Awareness)
Pokemon Explorers Club – A206 – Schumacher
Marshall TEDx Club – A202 – Converse-Rath
Digital Art and Photography Club – 203 – Forrest
Warrior Cats Club – A204 – Hagstrom
HOMEWORK ZONE – AFTER SCHOOL 2:25-3:25pm – B204 – Mrs. Ingles
FCA – MPR – Bishop
Philanthropists Club – A305 – Mrs. Rick
Comic Creators – B103 – A. Wright
Harry Potter Club - A205 - Martinez
Magnificent Marvel Club - B106 - Weinheimer
The Original Lizza Koshy Club - B205 - Chalupsky
Magic the Gathering Club - B304 - Karch
Marshall Middle Cubing Foundation – B306 – Finley
The Scratch Club – B204 - Ingles
Stranger Things AV Club – C106 – Cook
Marshall Running Club – Track – Carambas/Carter
We Dine Together – B303 - Porter
Big Bang Theory – C205 – Spaeth
House of Cards Club – B303 – Porter
Circle of Friends – C105 - Diem
Star Trek Club – B306 – Finley
Gardening Club – B204 – Ingles
Creative Writing Club - B105 - Hurl
The Story Club - B104 – Kole
Just People Club – B205 – Chalupsky
The Pokemon GO Club – B101 – Lavine
The Rock Study Club – C206 – Beisel
No Announcement - The Study Club – A201 - Power
HOMEWORK ZONE – AFTER SCHOOL 2:25-3:25pm – B206 – Mr. Wright
Esports Club – 206 – Video Rm. - Hershey
Star Wars Club - B303 - Porter
(No announcement) - Minecraft Club - C305 – Niedzwiecki
Marshall Running Club – Track – Carambas/Carter
World Building Club – B205 - Chalupsky
Golf Club – AFTER SCHOOL every other Friday – B306 - Finley