6/7 - FINAL edition of 2018-19 Marshall MUSTANG News:
Period 6 – 7:40-9:05 (85 minutes)
Period 6 class – 7:40-8:30 (50 minutes)
MMN #6 edition – 8:30-9:05(35 minutes)
Period 5 – 9:10-10:00 (50 minutes)
Period 4 – 10:05-10:55 (50 minutes)
Lunch – 11:00-11:35 (35 minutes)
Period 3 – 11:40-12:30 (50 minutes)
Period 2 – 12:35-1:25 (50 minutes)
Period 1 – 1:30-2:20 (50 minutes)
6/7 – 8th Gr. Promotion Party – 4-9p – SDSU Aztec Ctr.
6/11 – Last Day of School! Min. Day Per. 1-6 – 12:16p Release
6/11 – 8th Gr. Promotion – 8:30-10:00am – Upper Field
6/12 – Staff Mtg. 8:30am - MPR
• All Lost & Found in the PE locker room will be donated to charity TOMORROW after school. If you're missing any clothing items, head to the lost and found in the locker room before the end of the day Friday. It's your last chance to retrieve anything you may have lost. The same goes for the Lost and Found under the Library stairs!
• All 8th grade students attending the beach boardwalk party MUST be at the check in table the front of the school by 4pm! Check in together with your friends so you ride the same bus! Remember, there are no “physical” tickets, your name will be on the check-in list if you purchased a ticket.
• The Drama Club will be selling parasols at lunch all this week for $5 near the Mustang Market.
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
• Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school.
• Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc…
• REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
• Students are not allowed to sell candy or other food items at school. Doing so will result in an after-school detention and confiscation of the product being sold.
• Remember that cell phones need to be turned off and put away during school hours unless they are being used during class with a teacher’s permission. The same rule applies to earbuds and headphones.
• Students need a pass to come into the Health Office, including during passing period. A pass is also needed during lunch, so please talk to someone on supervision.
The drop-off table in the office is NOT a storage table. Anything without a name on it will be placed in the Lost and Found under the Library stairs, which eventually gets donated. So please, pick up any left items from the table in the financial office before it gets donated. Also, check in the front office if you have lost a valuable item such as a wallet, keys, or phone! Thank you!
• Students – if you walk home, please obey the traffic signals in order to be safe. Please do not walk when the traffic lights are red.
• Any student that needs a replacement student ID, please come into the office and ask for Miss Stark. Replacement cost is $5.00 cash.
• Students that walk home using the Novak Way sidewalks – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety! Also, please do not walk on private property. Please stay on the sidewalks and respect our neighbors’ property and obey all traffic signals - walk safe!
• Keep those lunch courts clean in order to keep lunchtime music! Be awesome for our school and for our custodians!
• Playing tag during lunch is no longer permitted due to safety concerns. Students caught playing tag will receive an after school detention.
• The Library is open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will let you up at 10:55am. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Students are not to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students may not bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin.
LUNCH CLUBS – meet at the building doors the first 5 minutes of lunch
WELLNESS CENTER – B2 – MONDAY thru THURSDAY – open to the first 20 students – bring your lunch!
We Care About the Environment (WCAE) – B103 – A. Wright
Riverdale Club – A203 - Salazar
You Know Uno Club – B203 – Mrs. Pelton
Drama Club – Theater – Mr. Russell
Finding Nemo Club - B205 - Chalupsky
Black Student Union - C201 - Kelley
SAGA Club – B104 - Kole (Sexuality and Gender Awareness)
Pokemon Explorers Club – A206 – Schumacher
Marshall TEDx Club – A202 – Converse-Rath
Digital Art and Photography Club – 203 – Forrest
Warrior Cats Club – A204 – Hagstrom
Big Bang Theory – C205 – Spaeth
House of Cards Club – B303 – Porter
CX TODAY - Circle of Friends – C105 - Diem
Star Trek Club – B306 – Finley
Creative Writing Club - B105 - Hurl
The Story Club - B104 – Kole
Just People Club – B205 – Chalupsky
The Pokemon GO Club – B101 – Lavine
No Announcement - The Study Club – A201 - Power
Esports Club – 206 – Video Rm. - Hershey
Star Wars Club - B303 - Porter
(No announcement) - Minecraft Club - C305 – Niedzwiecki
Marshall Running Club – Track – Carambas/Carter
World Building Club – B205 - Chalupsky
Golf Club – AFTER SCHOOL every other Friday – B306 - Finley