Per. 1-6 – ALL First Week
8/28 – MPR- Expectation Assemblies – Per. 1 -8th, Per.2 – 7th, Per. 3 – 6th
9/2 – Labor Day Holiday
9/3-6 – A Week Detention Schedule
9/4 – Back-To-School Night – Gr. 6 – 5:30-7:30pm
9/5 – Back-To-School Night – Gr. 7/8 – 5:30-7:30pm
9/13 – Picture Day – MPR thru PE classes
• Students/Parents – If you ordered PE clothes online and have not picked them up yet, please do so before school from 7-8am or after school from 2-3pm this week in the Community Room next to the office. Clothes are being sold at that time too!
• Attention Students! If you would like to change your elective, please complete a blue “Request to See Counselor” form and indicate on the form the new elective you would like. Your counselor will call you in to discuss whether the elective change is possible. Schedule changes will be made for electives ONLY, there will be no teacher or other class changes. The final day to change your elective is Friday, Sept. 6th. There will be absolutely no elective changes after this date for the remainder of the school year.
• The Library will open at lunch on Tuesday, Sept. 3rd. It will be open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will let you up at 10:55am. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Students – Textbooks will be distributed through your MATH class starting today! Please ask your Math teacher for the schedule.
• Attention students, Lunch Time Sports will be starting soon for Flag Football and Volleyball. Games will be played at lunch on Tuesday and Thursdays. Sign-ups will begin tomorrow, Wed., at lunch on the C Building lunch court. Forms can be picked up at the lunch court or on the Marshall website under Students/LT Sports.
• Don’t forget to stop by the theater entrance starting today to purchase refreshments sold by the Tech Club. You can cool yourself off for as little as $1. It’s a great way to refresh yourself after a long day at school.
• Students - ALL prime time students must report to C104 by 2:35 pm.
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
• Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school.
• Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc…
• REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
• Reminder to students who wait after school by the condos across Pomerado Rd. You may NOT enter the condo premises at all. Please respect the neighboring properties.
• Reminder - Students are NOT to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students that walk home using the Novak Way sidewalks – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety!
• Students may NOT bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin.
• Students must adhere to our dress code on Page 11 of your planner! Shorts and skirts may NOT be above the tip of the fingertip when your arm is straight down at your side. Also, it is not permissible to wear a shirt around your waist to cover your short skirt or shorts. NO tank tops – shirts must cover the shoulders. If you have heard there is a '3 finger rule' to our shirt policy, this is inaccurate information. Shirts must cover the shoulders. You will receive consequences if you do not follow our dress code.
• Students we want to make sure that you are obeying the traffic signals at Pomerado Road. When the walk light turns red you MUST stop - do not go on and cross at this time. Also, if you ride a bike you should be walking it across the street - you need to stay inside the crosswalk and obey all signs just like pedestrians - you may ride your bike across when the light is green and the "walk" sign is on! (Admin.)