9/18 – Jersey Mike’s Fundraiser
• Congratulations to the students who qualified for this year's academic bowl team. There is a list posted outside A-202. There will be a brief meeting at the beginning of lunch Thursday for those students in A-202. Thank you to all who tried out!
• Need a little “brain break” during your day? A place to relax, chill out and be mindful? The MMS Wellness Center is the place for you! The Wellness Center, located in Rm. B-2, is now open during lunch every Mon, Tues, Wed and Thursday each week to the first 20 students who arrive. So, grab your lunch and come check it out!
• Students are not allowed to cut through the office after school, please exit out the front gates. Also, the elevators are to be used by injured students only, please stay out of them if you are not injured. Thank you!
• We will be starting our Student Support Groups on Monday, October 7th. Joining a group is a great way to meet new friends, get help dealing with typical middle school issues, and have a safe place to talk about your feelings. If you are interested in joining a group or have questions, stop by the Counseling Office or talk to one of the counselors on the lunch courts. Permission forms, which are located in the Counseling Office, are due by Monday, September 30th.
• Lunch time sports flag football team captains meeting will be held today at lunch in the MPR. Each team captain or a representative needs to show up in order to be placed on the schedule. The Volleyball team captains meeting will be held on Friday.
• If you are interested in being a part of the Minecraft Club, come to an informational meeting Friday, the 20th, in C305. Please bring your lunch and come during the passing period as the doors to the C Building will be locked after that. Any questions, please see Ms. Niedzwiecki-Preston in room C305.
• Jersey Mike’s Fundraiser is tomorrow, Sept. 18th from 3-9pm at the Poway location. Free regular sub with a minimum $4.00 donation to Marshall Middle School – come support Marshall!
• The Library is open! It is open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will let you up at 10:55am. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Don’t forget to stop by the theater entrance starting today to purchase refreshments sold by the Tech Club. You can cool yourself off for as little as $1. It’s a great way to refresh yourself after a long day at school.
• Students - ALL prime time students must report to C104 by 2:35 pm.
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
• Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school.
• Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc…
• REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
• Students that walk home must use Novak Way – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety!
• Reminder to students who wait after school by the condos across Pomerado Rd. You may NOT enter the condo premises at all. Please respect the neighboring properties.
• Reminder - Students are NOT to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students may NOT bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin.
• Students we want to make sure that you are obeying the traffic signals at Pomerado Road. When the walk light turns red you MUST stop - do not go on and cross at this time. Also, if you ride a bike you should be walking it across the street - you need to stay inside the crosswalk and obey all signs just like pedestrians - you may ride your bike across when the light is green and the "walk" sign is on! (Admin.)
The Wellness Center is open M-Th to the first 20 students
Pokemon Explorer’s Club – A206 – Mrs. Schumacher
S.A.G.A – B104 – Ms. Kole
Drama Club – Theater – Mr. Russell
BSU (Black Student Union) – C201 - Kelley
Philanthropists Club – A305 – Mrs. Rick
The French Friendship Club – C206 – Beisel
WCAE Club (We Care About the Environment) – B103 – Miss Wright
FCA - MPR – Mr. Bishop
Circle of Friends – C105 – Diem
Minecraft Club – C305 – Niedzwiecki
Star Wars Club – A303 - Porter