Oct. 1 – Start of Homework Zone/Late Activity Bus
Oct. 4 – Picture Make-up Day – Per. 6,5,4 - MPR
• There will be an Academic Bowl meeting right after school today until 4pm in A302. All members should attend.
• Homework Zone will be starting Oct. 1st – It’s a place where students can go AFTER SCHOOL to do your homework and get extra help in any class from Marshall teachers from 2:25-3:25pm every Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesdays are with Mrs. Ingles in B204 and Thursdays are with Mr. Wright in B206.
• Lunch Time Sports Flag Football League starts today!
• Mandatory Volleyball Intramurals Coaches meeting will be held next Friday, October 4, in the Activity Room.
• We will be starting our Student Support Groups on Monday, October 7th. Joining a group is a great way to meet new friends, get help dealing with typical middle school issues, and have a safe place to talk about your feelings. If you are interested in joining a group or have questions, stop by the Counseling Office or talk to one of the counselors on the lunch courts. Permission forms, which are located in the Counseling Office, are due by Monday, September 30th.
• Friday - Permission Slips for the Stranger Things AV Club are available in the financial office. Clubs first meeting is Monday, 10/07, in C106.
• Picture Make-up day is Friday, Oct. 4th in the MPR. Students can ask any of their first 3 teachers of the day if they can get a make-up or retake (upon parents request).
• The Library is open! It is open before school at 7am, half-way thru lunch, and after school until 3pm (Fridays 2:30pm). If you choose to go to the Library at lunch, you must meet at the top of the paseo and supervision will let you up at 10:55am. You must stay in the Library the rest of the lunch period.
• Don’t forget to stop by the theater entrance starting today to purchase refreshments sold by the Tech Club. You can cool yourself off for as little as $1. It’s a great way to refresh yourself after a long day at school.
• Students - ALL prime time students must report to C104 by 2:35 pm.
• Teachers – please remember to take attendance every day, every period within the first 10 minutes of class.
• Early Release of Student – If you know ahead of time that your child needs to leave school early (i.e. Dr., Dentist, Ortho, personal), please have your child bring in a note to the attendance desk before school on that day. This is the most effective and efficient way to have your child waiting for you when you need them! Return the blue slip if your child returns to school.
• Student Deliveries – in order to limit disruption during instruction, items being delivered during the school day should be for emergencies only. Items will be left on the table in the office with your child’s name on it for students to pick-up during passing periods, lunch, or after school. Please instruct your child to check the table if they notice they forgot their lunch, PE clothes, school work, etc…
• REMINDER - Treats such as cookies and birthday cakes for other students are NOT to be brought to school. They will be kept in the office until the end of the day.
• Students are not allowed to cut through the office after school, please exit out the front gates. Also, the elevators are to be used by injured students only, please stay out of them if you are not injured.
• Students that walk home must use Novak Way – please STAY ON THE SIDEWALK when walking home, for your own safety!
• Reminder to students who wait after school by the condos across Pomerado Rd. You may NOT enter the condo premises at all. Please respect the neighboring properties.
• Reminder - Students are NOT to play with tennis balls, diablos, or water balloons (filled or unfilled) at lunch. They will get confiscated.
• Students may NOT bring Rockstar Monster drinks or any other energy drinks to school. Also, the sale of any food or drink items can only be done by clubs.
• Students are not to be in the buildings before school or during lunch unless a teacher has escorted you there. Teachers – if a student comes in your room that you did not escort, please send their name to admin.
• Students we want to make sure that you are obeying the traffic signals at Pomerado Road. When the walk light turns red you MUST stop - do not go on and cross at this time. Also, if you ride a bike you should be walking it across the street - you need to stay inside the crosswalk and obey all signs just like pedestrians - you may ride your bike across when the light is green and the "walk" sign is on! (Admin.)
The Wellness Center is open M-Th to the first 20 students
Pokemon Explorer’s Club – A206 – Mrs. Schumacher
Sexuality and Gender Awareness Club (S.A.G.A) – B104 – Ms. Kole
BSU (Black Student Union) – C201 – Kelley
Drama Club/Improv Team – Theatre – Mr. Russell
Harry Potter Club – C304 – Fox
Homework Zone after school – B204 - Ingles
Philanthropists Club – A305 – Mrs. Rick
The French Friendship Club – C206 – Beisel
WCAE Club (We Care About the Environment) – B103 – Miss Wright
FCA - MPR – Mr. Bishop
The Scratch Club – A106 - Pettek
Circle of Friends – C105 – Diem
The Flash Club – B303 – Porter
The Just People Club – B205 – Chalupsky
D.I.Y. Club – B101 – Lavine
Homework Zone after school – B206 – Mr. Wright
Minecraft Club – C305 – Niedzwiecki
Star Wars Club – A303 - Porter