Promotion 2020 will be a virtual ceremony on Tuesday, June 9th. All 8th graders will have the opportunity to submit their own photo along with a message of gratitude and/or support for their classmates or families. Our Video Production class will create the virtual ceremony with student speakers, awards, and most important, pictures of the promoting class of 2020. This pre-recorded video will play on June 9th at 10am and students will be able to watch and re-watch at their discretion.
Below is how students can begin preparing for their virtual promotion:
Virtual Promotional Ceremony
Date: June 9th
- All 8th Graders are invited to submit a photo of themselves dressed in appropriate attire. Students have the option to have a written sign with a message of gratitude to another student and/or family member or parents can submit a message to their student. If a student doesn’t submit a photo, their yearbook photo will be used. Message can be either in the photo with a sign or banner, or sent separately to be added as text on slide. If sending separately, text cannot be longer than 30 characters.
- Photos need to be of the MMS 8th grade student only. Any submissions with other individuals will not be accepted.
- All photos need to be submitted by emailing to email@example.com by May 29th at 5pm
- All submissions will be screened before production.
- The MMS Behavior Code still applies to photos; including but not limited to dress code and non-discriminatory speech. Click here for Student Expectations.
- To nominate Community Service Student of the Year, students can click here.
- Promotion certificates will be distributed during 8th grade textbook collection: dates and time TBD