Schedule Change, Teacher Requests, and Elective Change Policies
Schedule changes will only be made for students who are in an incorrect class. This may be an elective class change, a change in the level of an academic class, or if a student is missing a required class or has a class duplicated. Schedule changes will not be made for students requesting a period change, nor will schedule changes be made for students or parents who are requesting a teacher change.
- The teacher should be contacted directly by the student and/or parent, the concerns should be discussed and a mutually agreed upon resolution should be attempted.
- If a resolution cannot be reached, or the problem continues, the student’s Vice Principal should be contacted (Mrs. Moffatt for students with last names A-L; Mr. Olds for students with last names M-Z).
- If the VP is unable to facilitate a resolution, or the problem continues, the issue will be referred to the Principal.
Teacher Request Policy
Requests to have (or not to have) specific teachers will not be taken or considered. All teachers, counselors, and administrators are in agreement and will be following this policy. The only exceptions to the above policy are:
- A student (not a sibling or a friend) has personally had that teacher previously (with the exception of wheel class teachers) and is requesting to not have that teacher again.
- A student has the same teacher for 2 different subjects (with the exception of wheel class teachers), and is requesting to change one of them to a different teacher.
Change of Elective Policy
The following policy will be used when students request a change of elective classes during the school year. Generally, changing classes should be discouraged and only used when it is a last resort and in the best interest of the student.
Requests to transfer to a new elective will only be accepted during the first two weeks of the school year:
A student may request to change his/her elective class during the first two weeks of school by completing a “Request to See Counselor” form and requesting a new elective. The counselor may approve the transfer to any elective class where an opening exists, as long as the student has met any prerequisites required for the class.
There will be NO elective changes for the remainder of the year.